Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ugali

Tom and Sue have been hosting Macalester students for quite some time...I believe ever since I left the nest. By hosting, I mean inviting to dinner from time to time, not acutally living with them unless you mean my japanese brother from another mother Hiroki Matsui. Anyways, Tom decided to cook John from Kenya some typical Kenyan dishes recently. In the spirit of writing about eating, I wanted to include this meal.

We wonder if John really liked it but he said he did and I think I believe him. After all Ugali, a kenyan starch dish like mashed potatoes, only has two ingredients, Corn Meal and Water.


Photo note to self: When taking photos of black people holding white dishes, pose with the light in the foreground so as to illuminate the face.

The Ugali accompanied a bowl of Kenyan beef stew served with apples, shaved coconut, and peanuts. Who knew apples would be so delicious along side beef stew? It was GREAT. I hope Tom makes it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment