Monday, November 7, 2011

Healthy Provisions

The Chinook Book practically pays for itself in grocery coupons alone. As someone who loves to cook, I am willing to pay a little more for quality ingredients. I also value organic, local, coop, etc.

We end up shopping for groceries at either Lunds or the Seward Coop about 95% of the time with occasional trips to Kowalski's, Whole Foods, Rainbow, United Noodles and Mississippi Market. I'll write a future post about Seward Coop, as this week we shopped at Lunds.


We like Lunds for several reasons. 1) it's pretty convenient as we are members of the Lifetime Fitness across the street, so we can combine trips to the gym with trips to the grocery store; 2) they have a great selection of items and carry many items that the coop doesn't, and 3) it's clean and the customer service is generally really good.


This trip we used a coupon for Lunds as well as coupons for Pacific Natural Foods chicken stock and Peace Coffee. I think Pacific Natural makes awesome stock (I'll post the soup recipe I made tonight with it next). Although there are plenty of coffee businesses committed to sourcing shade grown, cooperative, organic coffee, I particularly like Peace Coffee as they are located nearby us and they offer delivery by bike.


Coupons = $5 off $50 or more; $1 off a lb of coffee; $1 off any one Pacific Foods item
Savings = $7

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever make your own stock? I always mean to, and often do after Thanksgiving (or other big carcass holidays), but rarely do otherwise.

    Love the blog, and eating vicariously with you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, but only after big carcass holidays. I enjoy making stock, but it's rare that I have a carcass to work with.

    ReplyDelete