Monday, January 16, 2012

Our Landmark: Birchwood Cafe

When people ask me where we live, I often say that we're close to the Franklin bridge and the Seward Coop, but most of the time I say we're one block north of the Birchwood Cafe. It's my go-to landmark for our neighborhood.

We love Birchwood. It's got great food, about as relaxed an atmosphere as you could image and a wonderful commitment to all things local, seasonal and organic. They're also big bike advocates and sponsor a bike team as well as a Nice Ride station.

Breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert are all great. However, my favorite is breakfast/brunch and I always get the savory waffle. What's that?! you say.


It took me a while to try it, but once I did there was no going back. The exact ingredients change throughout the year, but the waffle is always something savory and each of the four sections (it's a Belgian-style waffle) have a different topping. There's always a sunny-side up egg, bacon lardoons (super thick chunks of bacon), some type of fruit, nuts and herbed butter served with syrup. Here's the description of the one I had this morning: "Parsnip, Gruyere & Black Barley Waffle. Pear slaw, cranberry almond butter, almonds, bacon lardons & sunny-side egg"

Birchwood is also where I have picked up turkey the last two Thanksgivings. Super convenient.

All around, one of our favorite spots. Highly recommended. 


Coupon: $3 off $10
Total Savings: $3

No comments:

Post a Comment