Wednesday, December 7, 2011

New York, New York

Just because, we went to NYC for a long weekend in December. In the spirit of this Blog, we ate and ate and ate and spent all of our Chinook Book savings.
Here's the skinny on what we did:


NoHo Star for drinks and apps in NoHo


Abistro for french/senegalese dinner in Brooklyn

Brooklyn Art Museum for first Saturday free admission in Brooklyn

Walked Central Park with Allison

Red Rooster for brunch in Harlem

Checked into Le Parker Meridian to see the Ginger Bread Houses 

Took in a Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center

Walked the High Line in Chelsea

Spotted Pig for Dinner in Chelsea

Pink Berry for Dessert in Upper East Side

Johns Pizza for lunch in the Village

I enjoyed everything we did and all the food we ate. I would recommend it all. Of these things, Pink Berry for frozen yogurt is one of my favorite things but not unique to New York, so if you are passing bye might be worth a visit. I would go back to Abistro, because it was delicious and not something one can find easily outside of New York. If I was there again on the first Saturday of the month, I would plan better to take full advantage of the show. Lastly, a walk on the High Line was a very relaxing way to see Chelsea and some urban renewal.

Hope thats helpful!
Kate
PS. I love New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment